Functional Unit for Hidradenitis (UFHS)
The Functional Unit for Hidradenitis incorporates all the specialists who participate in the diagnosis and treatment of this chronic inflammatory disease. It is complicated to manage due to the recurring and progressive nature of the lesions. Treatment requires early intervention and a multidisciplinary approach to decide on the best therapeutic and care strategy for each patient. The coordinator is the key figure in this unit, who has the role of bringing together all the professionals that need to participate in the treatment. Meanwhile, the nurse and the psychologist reinforce the task of other specialists, and provide information on hygiene and diet measures, weight loss and tobacco withdrawal.
Dra. Eva Vilarrasa (Dermatology) firstname.lastname@example.org
Key objective of the Unit
Improve efficiency in assisting patients with hidradenitis suppurativa.
Functional Unit Team
Dra. Eva Vilarrasa (Dermatology Service).
Dra. Esther Roé (Dermatology Service).
Dra. Leire Olivares (Plastic Surgery Service).
Dra. Carmen Vega (Plastic Surgery Service).
Dra. Ana Laiz (Rheumatology Unit).
Dra. Esther Garcia Planella (Digestive Pathology Service).
Esther Margarit (Nursing).
Maria Díaz (Nursing).
- Plastic Surgery.
- General and Digestive Surgery.
Service portfolio for patients with HS in the Unit:
- Diagnosis of hidradenitis suppurativa (clinical and ultrasound) and staging.
- Detection of comorbidities, treatment and referral.
- Physical examination:
- Cutaneous and Doppler ultrasound for diagnosis, staging and monitoring.
- Elaboration of cultures, if required.
- Lesional infiltrations with corticosteroids.
- Prescription of topical and systemic drugs.
- Photodynamic therapy.
- CO2 laser (soon).
- Minor and major outpatient surgery: deroofing, exeresis.